Verified Volunteers and Jersey Cares Launch Partnership to Improve Volunteer Screening in New Jersey
Posted Thursday, March 17th, 2016 by Verified Volunteers Staff
We recently kicked off our partnership with Jersey Cares, a leader in volunteerism in New Jersey. Together, we look forward to making vetting volunteers faster, easier and less costly for nonprofit organizations and their volunteers in New Jersey.
We are happy to be partnered closely with many HandsOn Network volunteer organizations and are extremely excited to add Jersey Cares to that list.
Here’s a little more information about Jersey Cares
Everyone at Jersey Cares envisions a New Jersey in which everyone is motivated and empowered to make a positive difference. Jersey Cares increases the level of meaningful volunteer engagement by creating and managing efficient, impactful projects that address critical community-identified needs.
Jersey Cares was established in 1993. The nonprofit organization recruits and engages volunteers in rewarding, effective efforts that address community-identified needs. They partner with local nonprofits to identify needs and implement volunteer projects to meet these needs. They provide individuals, families, corporate employees and community groups with a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that range from tutoring children to painting new murals in schools.
Want to Volunteer with Jersey Cares?
If you are local to the New Jersey area and are interested in helping out, check out Jersey Cares. Getting started volunteering with Jersey Cares is easy. Simply register on their site and log in. Then, you’ll be able to:
- search their hundreds of volunteer opportunities in the Volunteer Opportunity Calendar
- participate in an Annual Event
- run a Collection Drive
- or get your company involved in the Corporate Service Program
2-4-6-8-Who do we appreciate?
Jersey Cares cares about its volunteers – and it does a great job of showing it. Check out the many pages of their website that they dedicate to their hard working volunteers.
Volunteer Stars showcases the best of the best Jersey Cares volunteers with a photo and a biography.
The Volunteer Honor Roll features several different categories:
- Volunteer Enthusiast: Volunteers who have dedicated at least 25 hours to community service
- Volunteer Fanatic: Volunteers who have dedicated at least 50 hours to community service
- Volunteer Virtuoso: Volunteers who have dedicated at least 75 hours to community service
- Volunteer Expert: Volunteers who have dedicated at least 100 hours to community service
- Volunteer Humanitarian: Volunteers who have dedicated at least 200 hours to community service
- Volunteer Altruist: Volunteers who have dedicated at least 300 hours to community service
And, on the Word of Thanks page, representatives of nonprofit organizations tell why they are so appreciative of volunteers who spend their time furthering their cause.
Congratulations to Jersey Cares on the great work they are doing. We look forward to our continued partnership.