Verified Volunteers Named Volunteer Screening Partner for United Way of Greater St. Louis
Posted Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 by Verified Volunteers Staff
We are happy to announce that Verified Volunteers has entered into another partnership, this time with United Way of Greater St. Louis, a nonprofit organization that helps one in three people throughout the St. Louis region through a system of more than 170 health and human service agencies in Missouri and Illinois. Verified Volunteers is pleased to be supporting the growing network of United Way of Greater St. Louis volunteers with a streamlined, cost-effective volunteer screening process.
About United Way of Greater St. Louis
United Way of Greater St. Louis began in 1922 as the Community Fund, organized by volunteers to raise money to help operate 40 charities.
Now, in 2015, United Way of Greater St. Louis mobilizes the community with one goal in mind — helping people live their best possible lives.
The United Way
- efficiently raises and allocates funds to support a strong network of quality agencies and services;
- provides information, management and technical resources;
- identifies critical issues and unmet needs; and
- builds collaborations with the public and private sectors to meet those needs.
To learn more, check out United Way of Greater St. Louis’ website.
Improving Volunteer Screening
This partnership will aid in overcoming volunteer management challenges for St. Louis nonprofits by greatly reducing the need for volunteer re-screens thanks to Verified Volunteers’ Fast-Pass background check sharing capabilities. At the same time, it will equip volunteers to serve more often, particularly for just-in-time needs.
Says Rick Skinner, Vice President, United Way of Greater St. Louis’ Volunteer Center, “At United Way, we’re excited to partner with Verified Volunteers to enhance our standard of providing quality services to organizations to help people in our community. Being able to perform background checks in a timely and cost-effective way is critical for organizations that need this service. And the fact that Verified Volunteers continuously updates records is an important benefit.”
This new partnership means a world of features for United Way of Greater St. Louis agency volunteer managers and volunteers, including:
- Automatic updates of all active background checks every 30 days for the first year at no additional cost to the organization or volunteer
- Compliance with Fair Credit Reporting Act and state laws
- Fast-Pass: Volunteer ability to securely share background checks free of charge with multiple volunteer organizations on the platform
- The ability for volunteer managers to receive real-time alerts on any changes in the background screening status of their volunteers
- The ability for volunteer managers to track, communicate with and manage volunteers
Best of all, the platform is simple. With four simple steps, a volunteer can obtain a background check within hours or days, and then share their results with multiple nonprofit organizations. Since many volunteers donate their time to more than one nonprofit, the Verified Volunteers Fast-Pass reduces the obstacle of repeat screening.
Verified Volunteers supports thousands of volunteer programs and their volunteers nationwide, and is partnered closely with many HandsOn Network volunteer centers. The first-of-its-kind screening platform continues to see rapid adoption throughout the U.S with more than 100 new volunteer managers choosing Verified Volunteers each month. For more information, send us an email: email@example.com. And be sure to connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.