How Can I Manage My Healthcare Volunteers More Easily?
Posted Thursday, April 16th, 2015 by Verified Volunteers Staff
If you are a Volunteer Manager working for a healthcare organization with a volunteer program of any size, you probably ask yourself this question all the time.
Volunteers are an integral part of many healthcare organizations, but these organizations often rely on a single Volunteer Manager to run a team that might consist of anywhere from 5 to 5,000 volunteers. Running that team – recruiting, screening, scheduling, overseeing volunteer tasks and projects, running volunteer recognition programs and reporting program results and their impact – is no small feat. When you are working in various systems and spreadsheets it makes the work that much more difficult and tedious.
We have repeatedly heard about these management pains from our healthcare clients, so we are pleased to be partnered with leading healthcare volunteer management system (VMS) VSys One. We are now able to offer our clients working in the healthcare sector a way to integrate their VMS with their volunteer screening process.
Here’s a rundown of what you can do with VSys One:
- Recruit the Right Volunteers – create your own applications and define your own criteria.
- Schedule Shifts and Events Easily – with tons of scheduling tools, know that every shift is filled by the right people.
- Track Hours Reliably – log hours online, via kiosk, or from attendance lists.
- Communicate With Volunteers – and let your volunteers share their successes on their social networks.
- Report Your Data the Way You Need To – choose from hundreds of built-in reports or build your own with unlimited custom fields.
- Improve Volunteer Recognition – use your own benchmarks to tell your volunteers how much you appreciate them.
- In-house or Cloud-Based – your choice.
Integrating VSys One with Verified Volunteers for your volunteer screening (which offers the highest quality, FCRA compliant screens – and updates them free of charge each month, enables significant cost savings for volunteer programs, and takes the burden off of the Volunteer Manager with a volunteer-driven screening process), means you can move seamlessly within your system to communicate with and manage your volunteers – from the very beginning (recruiting) to the very end (impact) and everything in between (screening).
- You’ll attract volunteers with the right skills and attributes for your organization.
- You’ll onboard only those that you can trust – and you’ll know which volunteers should work with patients and which should not.
- You’ll communicate with prospective and current volunteers throughout the entire onboarding process and beyond, keeping them engaged, satisfied, and active with your organization.
- You’ll manage more easily, and report more accurately.
- You’ll encourage a culture of volunteerism when your volunteers spend their time with other volunteer programs in the community.
- You’ll save time, money, and the hassle of working with multiple systems.
Again, we are delighted to be able to offer our healthcare partners an opportunity to make their jobs easier through more efficient process and systems. Want to learn more about this integration? Click here.